Policy of privacy
Date of entry into force April 2018
Effective date: April 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to www.hostalportugal.com, owned and managed by Hostal Portugal. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our web site: www.pensionportugal.com. It also describes your choices regarding the use of your personal data and how you can access and update this data.
Here are some of the types of personal information we collect:
- First name, surname, e-mail, telephone number and postal address;
- Credit card details (card type, card number, cardholder’s name, expiration date and security code);
- Information about guests’ stays, such as arrival and departure dates, special requests, comments on your preferences in the services (rooms, facilities or any other service used);
- Information related to your marketing preferences or that you provide to us when you participate in surveys, contests and promotional offers;
You can always choose the personal data (if any) you want to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide us with some data, it may influence some of your operations.
The data we collect automatically
When you use our website, we also collect data automatically, some may be personal data. For example, data such as language preference, IP address, location, device settings, device operating system, log data, usage time, requested URL, status report, user agent (browser version information), operating system, result (visit or reservation), browsing history, user reservation ID, and type of information viewed. We may also collect data automatically through cookies.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and manage your online booking.
- Customer Service: We use your personal data to provide customer service.
- Customer Reviews: We may use your contact details to invite you by email to write a review after your stay. This way you help other travelers choose the accommodation that best suits them. If you submit a comment, it can be posted on our website.
- Marketing activities: We also use your data for marketing-related activities, as permitted by law. When we use your personal data to do direct marketing, such as commercial newsletters and marketing communications about new services and products or other offers that we think you may be interested in, we include a link for you to unsubscribe, which you can use if you don’t want us to send you more messages in the future.
- Other communications: We may contact you by e-mail, mail, phone or by sending a message based on the contact details you leave us. Reasons may include:
- We may have to respond to or manage requests you have made to us.
B. If you have not completed an online booking, we may send you a reminder email to continue with your booking. We believe that this extra service is useful for you because it allows you to complete a reservation without having to look for the accommodation again and without refilling the booking details from the beginning
. C. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to write a review about your experience on our website. We believe that this extra service is useful for you and us, so we can improve our website according to what you tell us.
- We may have to respond to or manage requests you have made to us.
- Analysis, improvements and research: we use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may use a third party to do so on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of investigations, including third parties, anonymously and globally. We use personal data to perform analysis, improve our services, provide a better user experience, expand functionalities and achieve more quality in our online travel services.
- Security, fraud detection and prevention: We use information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal or illegal activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data to assess risks and for security purposes, such as user authentication. For these purposes, we may share personal data with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law and external advisors.
- Legal and compliance matters: In some cases, we must use the information provided, which may include personal data, to manage and resolve legal claims or disputes, to comply with regulations or for regulatory investigations, or to execute agreements or comply with legal requests for law enforcement to the extent required by law.
- If we use automatic means to process personal data that has legal effects or that may significantly affect you, we will apply the necessary measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- Given the purposes A and B, we depend on the performance of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary to comply with the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and manage the booking according to the contract we have with you.
- Given the purposes of C to H, we depend on legitimate interests: we use your data for our legitimate interests, such as offering you the most appropriate content for the website, e-mails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services, and the content of our website, and for the detection of administrative fraud and legal purposes. By using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always place your rights and interests in protecting your data above our rights and interests.
- With regard to the H-purpose, we also depend, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable law.
- Where necessary under applicable law, we will request your prior consent to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to object to the processing set out under C-F and there’s no opt-out method available to you directly (e.g. in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact email@example.com .
- Competent Authorities: We will disclose personal data to law enforcement authorities and other governmental authorities as required by law or strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
International data transfers
Your choices and rights
We want you to be in control of how we use your personal data. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- you can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any personal data we have about you;
- In some situations, you may ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or you may object to our use of your personal data in a particular way; And
- in some situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
When we are using your personal data under your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. In addition, when we are processing your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to such use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We depend on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Be sure to inform us as quickly as there are any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . We will handle your request in accordance with applicable law.
Questions or complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcoming us via email@example.com . You can also contact your local data protection authority with any questions or complaints.
Changes to the notice